A Story For My Father

I have been preparing to see my dad for Christmas. I have been writing memories about our life when I was small in a collection called 'Stories I Wrote With You In Mind'. It's probably 40 pages some were posted here.
My Dad is 72 and had a heart attack and a brain anurism just two years ago. Every Christmas since then has been bonus. He is still recovering from the brains anurism- his words don't always come to him when he wants them. Sometimes he can't articulate a thought and he starts and then apologizes fro being unable to finish. It got me thinking....
Sometimes we don't get to say the good byes we intended nor do we always get to tell the people we love how much they mean to us, or the memories of them that circle our heads when they are going about their lives. So that is what I chose to give my dad...

1 comment:

lorie said...

Very nice- what a wonderful idea! I'm inspired!