Impulse

I can be terribly impetuous. If something gets in my head I often feel the need to jump on it that minute. Finding people on the Internet, for me, has become something of a game. Online searches helped me find an old boss, a co-worker from my restaurant days and a favorite male cousin who had been missing from our family for thirty-eight years. Most recently, I found my friend “Trini” who shared in my life when my first daughter was born twenty one years ago.
Impulse takes hold when a phone number pops up during my investigations. The next thing I know, I’m on the cell phone dialing to see if the sought-after answers the other end of the line. Sometimes it’s a dead end. But not this time.

I reached Trini’s father and re-introduced myself (I’d met him once) and after making sure he was the father of my friend, I gave him my number and asked him to please pass a message along to her. He said he would...

(this story is part of a larger article called Blast from the Past. If you are interested in purchasing please post a comment to the author.)

No comments: