
One of my Westy Girlfriends recently survived the graduation of her daughter. I think she was proud enough to pop. Of course, I was amazed that so much time had passed. I remember the day my friend discovered she was with child. Her then husband was out to sea with the Navy somewhere—she always told me but I could never remember—and she was home for the duration with out him.
Personally I was afraid to have a baby because of the way they undeniably mark our time on this earth. (For me the final frontier was growing up.)
Life bumped along and before I knew it, I too, was having a baby girl. Samantha is just a few years behind my friend’s daughter. In three years, Lord willing, I will be watching my baby walk the stage and grab that certificate of accomplishment. If she doesn’t graduate early. It caused me to pause…
(The full length article is available for purchase. If you are interested, please post a comment to the author.)
4 comments:
Hey....! Thats me! Hahahahaha! Yeah thats right.
Really great piece mom send it to a mag next year! It'd be a perfect grad story! Not just because I'm in it.
I think I'm starting to understand why you spazz over things I think are no big deal. Like bench pressing half my weight! Lol! You have good reason. I love you!!!!
I hope we get to do a lot of fun stuff in that amount of time and after.
Me too!!! You're a great kid and I love you. It's finally better, yes?
MOM
Nice stuff, Julie! I especially like the paragraph about her birth--nicely written and very sweet!
yeah I thin kit's better, I'm not sure what you mean by "it's better yes?"
Love you!!!!!
Post a Comment